The Top 20 Places Your Business Needs to Be Listed Online
Remember when you had to find a phone book and flip through hundreds of pages in order to find a local business?
The use of Yellow Pages has declined over 50 percent in the last five years. People now conduct quick searches on one of the many popular online directories. Since Internet search is the primary tool to finding businesses today, it’s vital to make sure your business is listed on all applicable online directories.
To get you started, here’s a quick guide to the top 20 online directories and links to their sign-up pages:
Top 20 Places Your Business Needs to be Listed Online - online directories
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Google Places for Business
Listing your business on Google Places for Business should be at the top of your priority list. Google outperforms every other search engine by a long shot. In fact, Google receives nearly 6 billion searches per day.
- Registering for a business listing on Google is easy and free
- Business listings appear in Google Maps
- Happy customers can leave reviews on your Google+ page
Bing Places for Business
Bing is the second most visited search engine on the Internet. If people aren’t searching on Google, chances are, they’re searching for your business on Bing.
- Quick, easy, and free to register
- Add multiple business locations at one time
- Include other content in your business listing like photos, videos, and more
Yahoo! Local Listing
Yahoo is the Internet’s 3rd most popular search engine, bringing in millions of searches per day.
- Yahoo Local Basic listing is free
- Include photos, company description and more for $9.95/month
- Get maximum exposure and listed on 40+ other directory listings for $29.99/month
Yelp is one of the best places on the Internet for consumers to find a quality review. If you’re looking to tap into the word-of-mouth advertising world, then Yelp is the perfect place to start.
- Create deals for loyal customers right in your Yelp account
- Send messages to your customers, publicly or privately
- View business trends in Yelp’s reporting tool
MerchantCircle is an online directory that helps small businesses connect with local customers, and other local small businesses. They offer free marketing tools to help you build your business.
- Geographically localized to your target audience
- Ability to advertise to boost your listing
- Host a business blog on the site
Yellow Pages is the online version of a modern day phone book. Besides listing your business in an organized directory, Yellow Pages also offers advertising, lead generation services, and online payment options.
- Detailed ad performance data
- Receives millions of searches per day
White Pages is the online equivalent of the white pages in a phone book. It’s a great way to make your business contact information available to over 200 million people.
- List your business among 30 million other businesses
- Premium text message service for mobile marketing
- Sponsored advertisement opportunities available
Superpages.com is another online directory that is easy to navigate. Superpages.com includes some unique features like cars for sale, lottery results and helpful tips for finding business services.
- Local weather listings right on the home page
- Popular search categories listed on the home page
Yellowbook.com is a subsidiary of Hibu Business, and allows you to create an easily searchable business listing on their network. Listings come with access to a full profile that includes business information, a link to your website, product descriptions and more.
- Information distributed across yellowbook.com network and partner sites
- Display and video ads available
- Cool map feature included in every listing